Thursday, July 29, 2010

When leaving is relieving.

After months with my family, i had to go because i was accepted in a job i was applying for. My emotions are mixed. Happy because of the job, and sad because of my upcoming departure.
Seeing your family everytime you wake up is really a blessing for any individual. You have that feeling of you are not alone in this world. There are always people who will support and love you for all your undertakings.
The night i revealed the good news of my employment, i looked at my mom, she has a grin on her face, but i felt it that it was only a facade in her sad feelings. I knew inside she wants me to stay. But life's is not about like that. In order for a person to grow, you have to let them go. Even though it is painfully to admit, i do not want to go at first. I will miss them for sure. But i started to think that, will i remain like this in my entire life? i know i have to learn to live on my own. To be responsible for my own life. My parents gave me everything i needed, shelter, education, etc. And now, it is up to me if i want to pay them back for what they have done.
There's no price to pay for their hard work in raising me as their son, so all i can ever give them in return is to be like them one day. Equipped with life needed skills. Matured, ready for trials of life.
I don't want to be a kid anymore, playing, fleeing problems, etc. I want to be confident like them. I want to be able to ride with the life's journey. I know it is hard, but it is not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment