Thursday, July 29, 2010

Smile at me.

It is 7:15 in the evening. Rain is keep on pouring. I ride a jeepney going to my apartment. Traffic is jampacked. My body is wasted from work. My eyes are closing, but I can't, I'm still on my way home. I might not be able to see my stop. The jeep is half full. I'm on the left side, beside me is a pretty girl. Well, that's also another reason why i dont want to sleep. I like to look at her from time to time, i just feel good looking at her. After few blocks before my stop, 6 kids ride the jeepney. they were all soaked in the rain. One girl was still wiping her face off before climbing the vehicle. They were noisy, very noisy. They talked about the rain, their subjects, families. With my condition, exhausted, i got quickly irritated on them. I just controlled it not to give a sign. Few minutes before icome down, two of the kids were teasing each other. Everybody laughs at them, even the pretty girl beside me. At that moment, it was like, why is it hard for me to be happy even for a single moment? why do i look people in a way that it is not good in my feelings? looking at the pretty girl beside me, our eyes met for a split second. wow, it was like, happiness is just a matter of perspective. everything around you is happiness, it only depends on you if you treat it as one. After that vehicle ride, while walking towards my home, i was smiling. I am smiling because i gave myself a chance to be happy for a moment. Those kids were really hilarious. I laughed too before i gone down. it was really nice to feel that at an instant, feelings can changed. Some people wants to be happy, as they say. As for me, happiness wants to be in some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment